THE LODGE AT KAURI CLIFFS
Upon arrival into Auckland you will be met by an Antipodean representative in the arrivals hall. We will transfer you by private vehicle to the Domestic Terminal for your departing flight.
Fly AUCKLAND to BAY OF ISLANDS.
On arrival into the Bay of Islands you will be transferred by private vehicle to The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs. This is a transfer of approximately 30 minutes.
The remainder of the day is at your leisure to relax and settle into your stunning new surroundings. You may like to enjoy one of the following optional activities:
• Spa at Kauri Cliffs: Relax, rejuvenate and revive your body and spirit in a tranquil space where nature prevails. The Spa is nestled at the edge of a Totara forest and overlooks a verdant fern glen and winding stream. Each treatment room is equipped with a shower and changing area, has floor to ceiling views and opens into a private outdoor space where guests can enjoy garden inspired treatments al fresco and fireside.
• Pink Beach: Only a short drive from the lodge, Pink Beach gets its name from the tiny rose-colored shells that cover the ground. The rocky crags and inlets are covered by huge Pohutukawa Trees (also known as the New Zealand Christmas Tree). This gorgeous beach is great for shelling and perfect for picnics. If you choose to walk this is 45 minutes from the lodge, one way.
• Nature Walks at Kauri Cliffs: There are some beautiful walks on the Lodge’s 6000-acre property that range from a 10-minute bush walk, which takes in the magnificent Kauri Tree (700-900 years old) to two hours that includes the waterfall. The lodge can provide you with a snack pack that includes light refreshments and other essentials.
ACCOMMODATION: The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs: One Suite, Double Occupancy incl. Breakfast, Pre Dinner Drinks and Dinner
RECOMMENDED ACTIVITIES: Golf at the Award-winning Kauri Cliffs Golf Course.
PRIVATE CHARTER YACHT
Today you will be transferred by private vehicle to Waitangi Wharf to enjoy a Boat Cruise through the Bay of Islands. This is a transfer of approximately 1 hour. Enjoy a fantastic day out on an amazing sailing catamaran, offering you a totally unique way to experience New Zealand’s world famous Bay of Islands. Your private sailing boat is fast and nimble enough to explore the bay with ease, yet has the comfort, safety and ambience to provide an exceptional day on board, enjoying the breeze and the view from the covered deck. Guided by our professional and knowledgeable crew enjoy beach combing, a light walk and lunch served in a sheltered cove. As you cruise the stunning harbour you will also become aware of the significance of the Maori and maritime history in the area.
At the conclusion of your excursion you will be transferred by private vehicle back to The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs.
INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: Boat Cruise through the Bay of Islands incl. Lunch
HELI-TOUR IN THE BAY OF ISLANDS
Today is at your leisure in the Bay of Islands. You may like to enjoy some of the following activities:
• Private Guided Hike in the Puketi Forest: Be guided through the tranquil natural beauty of the ancient Puketi Rainforest and walk among the giant Kauri Trees as well as a variety of native flora and fauna. Puketi boasts some of the most spectacular scenery Northland has to offer. The guide will share with you stories, history, and culture. This is a hike of approximately 2 hours. *This is a transfer of approximately 45 minutes from Kauri Cliffs.
• A Round of Golf at Kauri Cliffs: A magnificent golf course set high on the cliff tops with panoramic sea vistas for 180 degrees. This course is reminiscent of Pebble Beach. Fifteen holes view the Pacific Ocean, six of which are played alongside cliffs which plunge to the sea. The beautiful inland holes wind through marsh, forest and farmland. Designed and built by David Harman of Golf Course Consultants, the par 72 championship golf course has it all – length, variety, and unique challenges!
• Land Based Fishing at Kauri Cliffs: Your local fishing legend will take you to one of the fabulous beaches on the property. You may well hook Snapper or Kahawai
(similar to a blue fish). Take it back to the lodge and have it prepared by the lodge chef for your dinner. This is fresh fish at its best!
• Visit the historic village of Russell: Russell, the now quaint sleepy Victorian township was once a haven for runaway sailors, escaped convicts, lusty whalers and the site of New Zealand’s first European settlement and capital. Today Russell is a fabulous place for a leisurely stroll before enjoying lunch at a local cafe.
• Helicopter Excursion over Northland: Capture the beauty of Northland and the Bay of Islands by air. Experience unique attractions including the Bay of Islands, Tane Mahuta (New Zealands largest Kauri Tree), Ninety Mile Beach and Cape Reinga. This excursion can be tailored to suite your interests and requirements.
• Horse Riding: A unique and exhilarating way to see the Bay of Islands is on horseback. Enjoy untouched locations rarely accessible atop one of the beautifully groomed horses. The instructors offer all levels of rider the opportunity to dictate the pace. Take in stunning farm and ocean views as you make your way around the local Purerua Peninsula, arriving at a private cove where you will have the opportunity to run the horses on the sand and even swim with them in the Pacific!
HUKA LODGE BREAKFAST
Today you will be met at the lodge and transferred by private vehicle to Kerikeri Airport to check in for your departing flight to Taupo.
Fly BAY OF ISLANDS to TAUPO
On arrival into Taupo, you will be met by a Huka Lodge representative and transferred by vehicle to the lodge, this is a transfer of approximately 15 minutes. The remainder of the day is at your leisure to enjoy the wonderful facilities at the lo dge; play tennis or petanque, swim in the heated outdoor swimming pool, soak in the spa pool or perhaps take a short stroll to the mighty Huka Falls where more than 220,000 litres of water tumbles over a cliff face every second!
Huka Lodge has a selection of private dining locations from the lovely Outside Fireplace to the Wine Cellar. On a beautiful day, the Jetty Pavilion is also a favourite! Please advise Antipodean Luxury Travel if you would like us to pre book these for your stay.
ACCOMMODATION: Huka Lodge: One Junior Lodge Suite, Double Occupancy incl. Breakfast, Pre Dinner Drinks and Dinner
ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES: Jet Boating on Huka River
MARINE VOLCANO WHITE ISLAND
This morning lift off from the lodge to enjoy a White Island and Mount Tarawera Volcanic Helicopter Safari. Fly to White Island where you will be able to stand on and walk around the island’s active crater floor. On your return flight you will land on the summit of Mt Tarawera, affording spectacular views of the craters and domes.
Your flight will conclude at idyllic Lake Rotoiti to enjoy a private Boat Cruise on Lake Rotoiti. Enjoy an eco-sailing experience in pure comfort, on Lake Rotoiti a pristine natural environment rich in cultural history and wildlife. Explore Lake Rotoiti and its abundance of Maori history, historical sites, legends, stories, myths and traditions. During your trip, you will hear the history of the lake and visit sites of cultural significance for Maori. You may also like to enjoy a swim in the thermal pools only accessible by boat. At the conclusion of your cruise, you will be transferred back to Huka Lodge by Helicopter.
ACCOMMODATION: Huka Lodge: One Junior Lodge Suite, Double Occupancy
INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: White Island and Mount Tarawera Volcanic Helicopter Safari and Boat Cruise on Lake Rotoiti including lunch.
LUXURY LODGE THE FARM AT CAPE KIDNAPPERS
Today you will be transferred by private vehicle to The Farm at Cape Kidnappers in the Hawke’s Bay. This is a transfer of approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes. Upon arrival, the remainder of the day is at your leisure to relax and settle into your beautiful new surroundings. You may like to enjoy one of the following optional activities:
• Spa at Cape Kidnappers: Relax, rejuvenate and revive your body and spirit at the Cape Kidnappers Spa. For a truly pampered experience, the spa is located on the hillside above the lodge with amazing views across the valley towards the sea or over the pine forest to snow covered Mount Ruapehu.
• Property Tour by Can-Am: Your guide will take you to the furthermost reaches of the property with views south towards Ocean Beach and Bare Island. With an experienced guide, you will be taken through the old creek bed, across expansive farmland and down to historic Rangaika Beach in a Can-Am Motorcycle.
• Kiwi Discovery Walk: Experience a very special activity with Kiwi expert Dr. John McLennan and his team. Enjoy an exclusive, guided walk on the property, in search of the New Zealand Kiwi Bird. You will help the guides use their radio tracking and monitoring devices to locate these unique, nocturnal birds. This gives you the chance to get up-close and learn more about one of New Zealand’s most endangered and rare birds. *The Kiwis are on the property from October to April.
ACCOMMODATION: The Farm at Cape Kidnappers: One Hilltop Suite, Double Occupancy incl. Breakfast, Pre Dinner Drinks and Dinner
CRAGGY RANGE WINERY
This morning you will be met by your private guide to enjoy a Winery Tour by Bike. Visit Clearview Estate and Elephant Hill Winery’s to begin the trip. You will then venture on this flat 60-90 minute cycle to Havelock North and visit the wineries of Te Mata and Black Barn.
At the conclusion of your ride, your driver will transfer you to the Terrôir Restaurant at Craggy Range Winery to enjoy lunch. Terroir has a French country theme and specializes in rotisserie and wood-fired oven cooking, complimented with the vineyards own wines. Enjoy the rustic feel of the restaurant and views of Te Mata Peak, the lake and vineyards.
Following lunch, you will be transferred back to The Farm at Cape Kidnappers where the remainder of the afternoon is at your leisure.
INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: Winery Tour by Bike
Today is at your leisure in the Hawke’s Bay. You may like to enjoy some of the following optional activities:
• Golf at Cape Kidnappers: A simply stunning Tom Doak designed golf course. This is the sister course to Kauri Cliffs in the Bay of Islands. Opened in 2004 the course is 6588m long and has a par of 71. The goal in designing the course was to create interesting holes you wouldn’t find anywhere else. That wasn’t hard to do at Cape Kidnappers, because the site is not like anywhere else in golf. It’s an overwhelming experience to stand up on the cliffs, 140 meters above sea level, and look out across the waves far below in Hawke’s Bay.
• Gannet 4WD Safari: Travel by luxury 4WD to Cape Kidnappers to visit the largest and most accessible mainland gannet colony’s in the world. This area presents a special, up close opportunity to observe the Gannet in its natural environment. Your experienced guide will make personalized narrative stops to view the geology and inspiring earthquake faults formed millions of years ago. *The Gannets nest in the area from September to early April.
• Walking Trails & Nature Walks: Take a short stroll along Trigg Road which overlooks some truly amazing views of Ocean Beach and Bare Island. For a longer walk head out to the Kanuka Block and enjoy beautiful native bush and inspirational views of the Pacific Ocean. After all Cape Kidnappers boasts some of the most inspiring trails in the North Island.
WHAREKAUHAU COUNTRY ESTATE
Today you will be met at the lodge and transferred by private vehicle to Napier Airport to check in for your departing flight. This is a transfer of approximately 45 minutes.
Fly NAPIER to WELLINGTON
On arrival into Wellington, you will be met and transferred to your awaiting helicopter for your flight to Wharekauhau Country Estate in Palliser Bay.
Private Helicopter Transfer WELLINGTON to PALLISER BAY. This is a scenic flight of 15 minutes.
After checking-in, the remainder of the day is at your leisure to relax and settle into your stunning new surroundings. You may like to enjoy one of the following optional activities :
• Wharekauhau Farm Tour: A visit to Wharekauhau is not complete without a tour of the surrounding farm, so this morning accompanied by your guide, you will enjoy a private farm excursion. This classic New Zealand Romney sheep station features all the activities that have created New Zealand’s legendary farming heritage, including sheep shearing demonstrations, sheep dogs in action and daily farm events. Bordered by the Rimutaka Ranges and the Pacific Ocean, this, not to be missed, working sheep station tour is fascinating – an absolute must for all Wharekauhau Visitors. You will be able to wander through the surrounding podocarp forest and explore the far reaches of the farm in a comfortable 4-wheel drive vehicle.
• Wharekauhau Country Estate Spa: During your stay, be sure to take the time to experience one or more of the body treatments. The perfect way to ease aching muscles and stiff joints after a long flight or car journey, to prevent stiffness after a horse back ride or quad bike adventure, to rehydrate skin from the drying effects of the New Zealand sun, or to just pamper yourself and enhance that feeling of relaxation and well-being that is such a part of the Wharekauhau experience.
ACCOMMODATION: Wharekauhau Country Estate: One Cottage Suite, Double Occupancy incl. Breakfast, Pre Dinner Drinks and Dinner
CYCLING THROUGH THE WINERIES
Today is at your leisure at Palliser Bay. You may like to enjoy some of the following optional activities:
Martinborough Vineyards: Wharekauhau rests in the middle of one of New Zealand’s finest wine-making regions. In fact, its award-winning Pinot Noir has been favourably compared to the best Burgundies. A short drive from Wharekauhau, the farming township of Martinborough boasts 29 boutique wineries. During this afternoon offsite adventure, you’ll visit several of the area’s best wineries, meeting the winemakers, sampling top vintages and learning about the region’s wine-making traditions along the way.
• Cape Palliser Seal Colony and Lighthouse Tour: Travel along the rugged coastline to the picturesque, historic fishing village of Ngawi. The golf course there is actually mown by sheep. Then travel on to one of New Zealand’s largest Brown Fur Seal colonies where seals bask in this unspoiled natural environment. While there climb to the top of the lighthouse for magnificent views out over Palliser Bay. Travelling back to Wharekauhau stop at the historical Lake Ferry Hotel for a spot of lunch and maybe a few local beverages.
• Mountain Biking: Start your day by peddling through some of Wharekauhau’s most rugged terrain during this guided mountain biking adventure. Ride through thick bush, down steep mountain trails and across portions of the coastline.
• Hiking Mt. Wharekauhau: Join a local guide for an invigorating hike up Mt. Wharekauhau. Soak in the amazing scenery as you learn about local flora and fauna. At the top, take a moment to relish the remarkable view of all of Wharekauhau, which stretches out across 5,000 beautiful acres. Celebrate your mountaineering efforts with refreshments before heading back down for the somewhat less strenuous trip down.
• Horseback Riding: Saddle up for an afternoon of horseback riding in the amazing countryside surrounding Wharekauhau. Traipse through the pristine native forest, along the coastline and over grass-covered hills during this exhilarating outdoor adventure.
EDENHOUSE LUXURY LODGE
This morning you will be transferred by private helicopter to Wellington.
Private Helicopter Transfer PALLISER BAY to WELLINGTON.
On arrival into Wellington you will be transferred by private vehicle to Wellington Airport to check in for your departing flight.
Fly WELLINGTON to NELSON.
On arrival into Nelson you will be met and transferred by private vehicle to Edenhouse. This is a transfer of approximately 45 minutes.
The remainder of the day is at your leisure to relax and settle into your beautiful new surroundings. You may like to take a walk through the 48 acres of the property, or enjoy the outdoor spa pool.
ACCOMMODATION: Edenhouse: One Cottage Suite, Double Occupancy incl. Breakfast, Dinner and all Beverages
This morning you will be transferred by private vehicle to Stephen’s Bay to enjoy a full day Boating Excursion in the Abel Tasman National Park. This is a transfer of approximately 1 hour. The boat departs for the golden sand coastline of Abel Tasman National Park. On this leisurely trip through the park you will experience some of the most magnificent coast line that New Zealand has to offer, where native bush meets golden sands and crystal clear waters are a playground for birds, seals and dolphins. As you explore the coast your boat skipper will point out local seal colonies and secluded beach hideaways. If you would like to stop on the way at any beach, your skipper is at your service to make sure you experience the most that the Abel Tasman has to offer. Enjoy a gourmet lunch in a sheltered bay today. You can swim, snorkel, go ashore for a bush walk, or just relax on the boat while the crew prepares your lunch. You may also like to enjoy some kayaking with the on board kayaks.
At the conclusion of your cruise you will be transferred by private vehicle back to Edenhouse.
INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: Boating Excursion in the Abel Tasman National Park incl. Lunch and Beverages
NELSON BY NIGHT
Today is at your leisure in Nelson. You may like to enjoy some of the following optional activities:
• The Food Source: Depart in your private helicopter for a short flight to one of Nelson’s boutique vineyards. Here you land to sample and select a variety of fine wines to match your delicious lunch to come. The next leg takes you over the beautiful western coastline of the Marlborough Sounds to land on a rugged reef. Here you can try your luck at a spot of fishing! On a quiet beach your personal chef will prepare your catch and create a gourmet three-course lunch using only the freshest local produce. To top it all off, you will then track home via the Nelson ranges for a mountain landing, where you can toast to a truly unique and memorable day.
• Full Day Guided Cycling Excursion in the Nelson Region: The Bike rides in Nelson are aimed at beginner to intermediate riders looking for recreational rides and are in two sections – urban rides and mountain bike rides. The urban rides make use of Nelson’s on and off-road cycle ways. They range from easy to moderate and most are suitable for families. There are a small selection of mountain bike rides suitable for beginners and others more challenging and longer. One of our favourite options would be the ‘Great Taste’ Cycle Trail. Enjoy lovely, flat, easy cycling on the new cycle trail, either through rural and vineyard area’s from Brightwater to Richmond or along the estuary and coastline to Mapua with a short special bike ferry ride from Rabbit Island across to Mapua wharf. Nelson’s Great Taste Trail is part of the National Cycle Trail Network, covering a distance of 162 – 175 kilometres around the Nelson region offering touring through a wide variety of landscapes.
• Hiking in the Kahurangi National Park: A vast swathe of virgin rainforest and awe-inspiring mountains stretching across more than 450,000 hectares, or almost the entire northwest corner of the South Island. Created in 1996, Kahurangi is one of New Zealand’s newest national parks, and at 452,002 hectares it is also the second largest. Translated, its name has a number of meanings including ‘treasured possession’, an apt description of its wonderfully diverse natural and recreational values. In places it is an untracked wilderness, elsewhere a wonderful network of tracks lets you explore wild rivers, high plateaux and alpine herbfields, and coastal forests.
• Orientation Tour of Nelson City: Enjoy a drive along the waterfront with historic European settlers landing point at Wakefield Quay and Trafalgar Street, the main street named after Admiral Nelson’s battle. See the Nelson Cathedral and early government buildings along with the Queens Gardens, the birth place of New Zealand rugby. Your guide will also take you to the look out from Tasman Heights with spectacular views across the Tasman Bay towards the Abel Tasman National Park and the Mt Arthur Ranges in the Kahurangi National Park.
• D’Urville Island and Fishing Experience: Enjoy a scenic helicopter flight to D’Urville Island where you will enjoy helicopter reef fishing for the local Blue Cod. After you have caught lunch for today fly to the other side of the island where you will touch down and turn your fresh catch into Fish and Chips!
• Personalised Wine Tour: A privately guided tour of Nelson meeting winemakers and exploring the regions boutique wineries and sights with your private guide. This diverse and beautiful landscape is a magnet for artists and craftspeople, whilst the high sunshine hours support some of this country’s best producers of grapes, hops, fruit and vegetables – and the associated wines and boutique beers.
• World of Wearable Art and Classic Cars Museum: This museum is an iconic ‘must see’ Nelson attraction that celebrates two distinctly different passions. A world class collection of classic cars can be viewed alongside incredible wearable works of art from all around the globe. You will see the outlandish fashion garments created over the past five years of a national fashion competition.
• Private Guided Heli-Fly Fishing Excursion: This is a trout fishing adventure for the keen trout angler who wants to take on New Zealand’s famous large Brown Trout. Guided trout fishing can be catered to suit any experience level from beginner to the serious angler.
• Höglund Glass: The Höglund Family invites you to their gallery. The family blows unique perfume bottles, vases, goblets and bowls in beautiful colour combinations and also makes fused glass jewelry and handmade glass beads. The gallery features a constantly changing display of glass art, designed and created by internationally renowned glass artists Ola Höglund and Marie Simberg-Höglund. These masterpieces created in striking colours and designs using complex glass techniques such as Ariel, Graal, Incalmo and Sommerso, are sought after by glass collectors and connoisseurs worldwide.
OTAHUNA LUXURY LODGE
Today you will be transferred by private vehicle to Nelson Airport to check in for your departing flight.
Fly NELSON to CHRISTCHURCH
On arrival into Christchurch you will be met and transferred by private vehicle to Otahuna Lodge. This is a transfer of approximately 30 minutes.
Upon arrival at the lodge the remainder of the day is at your leisure to relax and settle into your new beautiful surroundings. You may like to enjoy one of the following onsite activities:
• Guided Garden Tour: Garden lovers and botanists will enjoy a complimentary guided tour of the estate’s garden. Every season offers an interesting variety in Otahuna’s gardens, from the daffodil paddocks in September through to the spectacular oranges and golds of autumn foliage in May and, even in winter, evergreen trees whose bright red berries attract rare New Zealand wood pigeons.
• Cooking Class at Otahuna Lodge: Culinary adventure is a cornerstone of the Otahuna experience. A three-hour, hands-on cooking lesson with Executive Chef Jimmy McIntyre provides an overview of the philosophies behind the Lodge’s celebrated food and wine programme. Classes incorporate time in Otahuna’s organic potager garden and offer a chance to learn first-hand cooking techniques in the kitchen. Classes can be tailored to any dietary requests and must be booked before arrival.
• Otahuna Spa: Relax and enjoy a therapeutic massage at Otahuna Spa. Therapists provide a range of treatments, styles and pressures to accommodate a wide variety of preferences. You can enjoy a 60 or 90 minute massage in the massage room located in the historic laundry buildings of the Otahuna estate.
• Otahuna Lodge Pool: A dip in the swimming pool will provide cool relief from Canterbury’s warm summer breezes. The swimming pool is heated from November to the end of March and is maintained at a constant 25°C (78°F). The outdoor spa pool is heated to 38°C (101F°) year round and is a magical spot from which to star-gaze or contemplate the hills.
ACCOMMODATION: Otahuna Lodge: One Suite, Double Occupancy incl. Breakfast, Pre Dinner Drinks and Dinner with Wine Pairing
This morning you will be met by your local Antipodean Guide to enjoy a Guided Day trip to Akaroa.
This exquisite seaside town, which once prospered as a French whaling station, is still rich with French, Maori and English culture. Explore the village with its colonial architecture, galleries and craft stores.
From the town’s harbour you will board a boat for a two hour scenic cruise around the peninsular including a visit to a Hector dolphin pod. Enjoy a wonderful cruise experience around the spectacular seascape including sea caves, high cliffs and volcanic rock formations. Akaroa Harbour is host to amazing bird life and sea mammals including the world’s smallest and rarest dolphins, the Hectors Dolphin.
Following your cruise, enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch today as well as taking in one of the regions iconic gardens.
On conclusion of the day you will be transferred back to Otahuna Lodge.
ACCOMMODATION: Otahuna Lodge: One Suite, Double Occupancy incl. Breakfast, Pre Dinner Drinks and Dinner with Wine Pairing
INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: Akaroa Day Trip with Boat Cruise incl. Lunch *Cruise on Shared Basis.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Half day heli-tour of Canterbury $4300. Full Day Mount Cook Spectacular heli-trip $11,250. Day Tour of Christchurch $675, Waipara Valley Wine Tour $1000 for 2, Full Day exploration of Canterbury Foothills $1200 for 2, as well as several other options we can discuss such as the Tranzapline Adventure, Exploring Grand Garden and Whale Watching in Kaikoura.
MINARET STATION MOUNTAIN CHALET
Today you will be transferred to Christchurch Airport to check in for your departing flight.
Fly CHRISTCHURCH to QUEENSTOWN.
Upon arrival into Queenstown you will be transferred by private vehicle to Queenstown heli-pad where you will lift off for a Fiordland and Mt Aspiring National Park Glaciers Helicopter Excursion.
You will see mountains gliding by as your helicopter winds its way through the Southern Alps on an unforgettable flight to Milford Sound. This breath-taking flight takes you over secluded alpine lakes, lush rainforest, through deep bush-fringed valleys and past rugged mountain peaks. Land and stroll on a deserted beach to absorb the natural beauty of Fiordland. Your flight then sweeps the full length of the fiord until you reach the rugged West Coast offering a unique opportunity to view seals in their natural colonies. Experience a glacier landing before touching down at one of the secret wilderness sites for a picnic lunch!
On your return flight you will be transferred to Minaret Station in Wanaka.
The remainder of the day is at your leisure at Minaret Station. You may wish to enjoy the following activity:
Mountain Top Massage: Take a relaxing and rejuvenating massage high on a mountain top in the heart of the Southern Alps. With private helicopter access only, views stretching up to the glacier clad Mt Aspiring and down across the native beech forest to the valley floor below, there simply could not be a more spectacular place to enjoy such an indulgence!
ACCOMMODATION: Minaret Station: One Alpine Chalet, Double Occupancy incl. Breakfast, Lunch, Pre Dinner Drinks and Dinner
INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: Fiordland and Mt Aspiring National Park Glaciers Helicopter Excursion incl. Picnic Lunch
Today is at your leisure at Minaret Station. You may like to enjoy some of the following optional activities:
• Fly-Fishing: Minaret Station privately owns a 50,000 acre parcel of wilderness providing guests with exclusive access to prime fishing rivers in the Southern Alps. In addition to this, Minaret Station holds independent concessions to fish on conservation lands covering some four million acres including National Parks and world heritage areas.
• High Country Station Muster: Minaret Station is a working High Country Station running more than 20,000 head of mixed livestock sheep, cattle and deer. Join one of the Station’s shepherds in mustering a large mob of the sheep or cattle into new valleys for grazing using unique New Zealand farming dogs known as ‘huntaways’.
• High Country Hiking: Minaret Station has some stunning hiking trails right on the doorstep. The glacial valley floor where the Lodge is located has an elevation of 3,000 feet which is right where the golden Tussock grasses begin to merge with the sub-alpine shrubs and mountain daisy wild flowers. Choosing a hiking trail that winds up the river valley will take you through this native vegetation transition and into the higher hanging basins formed from thousands of years of glaciation. The trails that head down stream follow the Estuary Burn river and soon merge into the native Beech Forest which forms a canopy over much of the valley floor. Hiking trails can be as gentle or as advanced as you prefer, due to the wide expanse of terrain stretching in every direction from the Lodge. At the end of each day hiking, what better way to relax and restore those muscles that with a private hot tub right there on the balcony of your Alpine Chalet!
• Heli Mountain Biking: This is the ultimate form of Mountain Biking! Why ride uphill when you can fly by helicopter to the top! After an introduction to the techniques of downhill biking and a gear fitting session with your professional mountain biking guide at the lodge, fly to some of the most scenic parts of the Southern lakes region to begin a mountain bike ride down the trails towards the lake edge below. Terrain can be tailored for Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced.
• Alpine Picnic: Enjoy an alpine picnic at your leisure including fresh crayfish, lamb or beef cooked on an ingenious keg converted barbeque. Choose to picnic at one of the old huts on the station or select a private mountain top location with views of stunning Lake Wanaka.
ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES: Guided Hunting, Heli-Skiing, Jet-Boating,Farm Touring, Mountain Fine Dining.
Today depart Minaret Station by helicopter and transfer to Queenstown. This is a flight of approximately 20 minutes.
Private Helicopter Transfer WANAKA to QUEENSTOWN.
Upon arrival into Queenstown you will land at a nearby heli-pad and be transferred by private vehicle to Matakauri Lodge. This is a transfer of approximately 20 minutes.
The remainder of the day is at your leisure to relax and settle into your stunning new surroundings. You may like to enjoy the following optional activity:
• Spa Treatments at Matakauri Lodge: Located on the edge of a pine forest, with uninterrupted views to Lake Wakatipu and towering Cecil Peak, the spa offers a private experience in an unrivalled natural environment. For a complete wellness experience, you are welcome to wrap up your spa treatment with relaxation time in the adjacent sauna, Jacuzzi and heated swimming pool.
ACCOMMODATION: Matakauri Lodge: One Suite, Double Occupancy incl. Breakfast, Pre Dinner Drinks and Dinner
INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: None
This morning you will be met by your local Antipodean Guide to enjoy a Full Day Sightseeing Tour in the Queenstown Region.
First up today ‘Catch the Canyons’ with Shotover Jet the World’s most exciting Jet Boat ride. This is a thrilling thirty-minute jetboat ride you’ll never forget! The Shotover Canyon walls tower over you as your driver skillfully whips the boat past rocky outcrops, and skims around crags and boulders!
Next visit the nearby historic gold mining village of Arrowtown, purveying a combination of historic buildings and quiet charm. The growing café culture means there are great cafés and restaurants to choose from. Being an artistic town, there is artwork ranging from traditional to contemporary on exhibit in the many homestead studios surrounding Arrowtown.
Enjoy lunch at Amisfield Winery, the architecturally award-winning winery known for its “Grown Not Made” philosophy. Amisfield’s Bistro is located within an iconic stone building with stunning views of snow covered mountains and the beautiful Lake Hayes. Choose from the daily changing menu or indulge in Amisfield’s famous shared dining experience, ‘Trust the Chef Menu’ where you will be served a selection of dishes designed to be shared at the table; all dishes are chosen by the chef based on the freshest ingredients available on the day.
Following lunch, you will have the opportunity to watch or do a Bungy Jump! Take a leap off the bridge where it all began. A.J. Hackett, a New Zealander who became a worldwide cult hero after jumping off the Eiffel Tower on a bungy rope, was the first person to develop bungy jumping commercially. Take the plunge – 141 feet (43 metres) into the canyon below.
Later this afternoon enjoy an Off-Road Buggy Expedition! Experience the thrills and excitement of this off-roading excursion as you explore the many trails located around Queenstown’s stunning Wakatipu Valley. Your experienced and passionate guide will whisk you away, racing down the straights and drifting around the corners whilst conquering all jumps and bumps that stand in your way!
At the conclusion of your day, you will be transferred back to Matakauri Lodge.
ACCOMMODATION: Matakauri Lodge: One Suite, Double Occupancy incl. Breakfast, Pre Dinner Drinks and Dinner
INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: Full Day Sightseeing Tour in the Queenstown Region incl. Shotover Jet and Off-Road Buggy Expedition *Shotover Jet on Shared Basis
Today is at your leisure in Queenstown. You may like to enjoy some of the following optional activities:
• Guided Hike on the Routeburn Track: Enjoy a day hiking one of New Zealand’s most famous alpine walks with stunning vistas of sweeping valleys below and majestic peaks above. As you walk up the wide smooth track to Routeburn Flats your guide will point out the unique flora and birdlife of the Routeburn Valley. Enjoy a drink and picnic lunch at Routeburn Flats Hut while taking in the splendour of the surrounding mountains before heading on to the Routeburn Falls or meandering home. The Routeburn Track traverses wild and scenic mountain country between the Hollyford and Dart Valleys at the base of New Zealand’s Southern Alps. Since the 1880’s the Routeburn Track has proved to be one of the most accessible and popular journeys into New Zealand’s forests and mountains.
• Personalised Winery Excursion in the Southern Lakes Region: Visit the Gibbston Valley burgeoning wine region, the Southernmost wine producing region in the world. Here extreme conditions have led to pioneering winemaking, consistently superb wines, and worldwide recognition. Today your guide will share wonderful insights into the history of the industry and the challenges facing local winemakers all while visiting a collection of fantastic and varied wineries such as Gibbston Valley, Peregrine Winery, Chard Farm Winery, Mount Edward Winery, Mount Difficulty Wines and many others.
• Tandem Paragliding: Take the Skyline Gondola cable car ride to Bob’s Peak where you will have spectacular views over Queenstown and Lake Wakatipu. Your flight takes you over a pine forest, practically skimming the top of the tall pine trees, the ground then drops dramatically away exposing you to 2500 feet of breath-taking views beneath you.
• Golf at The Hills Private Golf Club: The Hills is New Zealand’s most exclusive golf club. This remarkable golf course nestled in the Southern Alps started as a ‘pitch and putt’ in the backyard and is now a world-class championship golf course. Playing in a setting such as The Hills is a dream come true for any avid golfer.
• Dart River Jet Boat Wilderness Excursion: Enjoy a spectacular jet boat journey through the Dart River, surrounded by breathtaking snow-capped mountains, waterfalls and glacial valleys frozen in time. Enjoy an easy guided walk through ancient native forest and learn about the unique flora and fauna, as well as the fascinating Maori and colonial history of the area. You will also journey by 4WD coach via a scenic back-road route, while hearing stories about the surrounding countryside and stopping to view the beautiful scenery.
• Privately Guided Heli Fly Fishing: Take advantage of the excellent fly-fishing waters in New Zealand as you drink in some magnificent scenery – majestic mountains, beech forest, and crystal-clear rivers and streams – stalking sighted Brown and Rainbow Trout. Transfer by helicopter to a premium fly-fishing area, where you’ll see mile after mile of pristine river without an angler in sight. Your knowledgeable guide will help you get the most out of your experience, as you learn new tricks and swap old stories. It’s no secret New Zealand has some of the best fly fishing in the world to offer. Helicopters allow us to provide you private access to pristine rivers, streams and walking tracks not accessible by road.
• Lake Hayes Walk: This walk offers a charming and unique landscape reflected by Lake Hayes. Along the way you can observe the majestic mountains of the Wakatipu Basin. This experience offers a splendid background for any picture!
• Cycling and Sightseeing in the Queenstown Region: Enjoy magic views of the high Remarkables and Crown Range mountains while riding the rural landscapes on part of the national cycleway. The Arrowtown to Gibbston trail is one of the most spectacular rides within the Queenstown trail network. The cycleway starts in the picturesque historic village of Arrowtown then winds its way on a wide gentle purpose built cycle path following and crossing the Arrow River on the spectacular suspension bridge, under passes and under highways. The gem at the end is crossing the historic suspension bridge where New Zealand’s first commercial Bungee jumping business operates. There are many varied and stunning ride options on the 100km that are available in this trail network, all suited for the more sedate chilled rider rather than the big backcountry downhill options in the mountains.
• Sam Summer’s Hut Walk: Take a guided walk through spectacular Central Otago scenery to Sam Summer’s Hut, an old stone hut dating back to the early gold-mining settlers. This 5 kilometre (3.1 mile) hike offers magnificent views of the surrounding countryside amidst plentiful native birdlife. The track climbs through Mountain Beech Forest and winds high above Twelve Mile Creek Gorge.
• White Water Rafting on the Shotover River: Begin with an unforgettable coach trip on the historic Skippers Road along old goldminers trails into Skippers Canyon. Raft from Deep Creek over peaceful waters at first, then head toward the exhilarating rapids of the lower Canyon and the unforgettable 170 metre Oxenbridge Tunnel.
• Adventure Day: From Queenstown lift off by helicopter to an exclusive private paradise in Wanaka for super-charged Kiwi fun! There is a range of activities on offer from the Jet Sprint Boat where you will learn how it feels to fly on water – to the Ultimate Off Roader – a custom built all-terrain vehicle that goes everywhere!The day will be designed to suit your interests – and there is something for everyone. Try your hand at claybird shooting with a visit to your hosts own gun club
– highly recommended! Surrounded by one of New Zealand’s most magnificent rural backdrops this is a day not to miss.
ACCOMMODATION: Matakauri Lodge: One Suite, Double/Twin Occupancy incl. Breakfast, Pre Dinner Drinks and Dinner
CHRISTCHURCH ART GALLERY
Today you will be transferred by private vehicle to Queenstown Airport to check in for your departing flight.
Fly QUEENSTOWN to AUCKLAND or CHRISTCHURCH or WELLINGTON to SINGAPORE
At Antipodean Luxury Travel, all our holidays are curated specifically to your specifications. This 21 day New Zealand Luxury itinerary is a sample of what’s available. This trip starts at SGD $45,000 per person. Call Us today to start planning your dream holiday.